Honorarium will be offered
Email email@example.com to book a time slot (Type “Coriolanus” in the subject heading). We are currently looking for non-equity actors only.
No previous experience is required, just passion and commitment. All ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
This is an MFA Thesis production directed by Tanya Mathivanan and features an incredible team of up and coming Artists. We are looking for an enthusiastic young actor to be part of this exhilarating show.
All people involved in the audition (actors, parental supervisors, director, reader etc) will be masked and socially distanced. We ask that everyone who takes part in this production be fully vaccinated.
* Auditions will be about 10 minutes long, individually. The actors will be asked to read a very short scene (sides will be provided beforehand), as well as to respond to a physical prompt.
* The production will run from March 17 to 26, 2022. Shows will take place at the Telus Theatre in the Chan Centre (UBC)
* Rehearsals begin on January 17th, 2022. We are currently looking for a time commitment of between 2-4 hours a week for rehearsals between Mid January and the first week of March (there are no rehearsals the week of February 21st).
* Tech will take place from March 8th to March 12th, and will be in the evenings from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. The actor’s presence will likely be required on at least 2 of those days. They will furthermore be called for a run on the evening of March 14th as well as the Dress rehearsal on March 15th.
* Preview takes place on March 16th, and there will be shows on March 17th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th evenings. The actor will likely be called every evening for 4 hours between approximately 6pm and 10pm.
The experience would be great if you’re interested! The company is comprised of a passionate, talented group of people. Furthermore, this is a chance to be a part of a brilliant, thought-provoking famous Shakespearean play.