The Odd Couple
This is a NON-EQUITY production. All roles at Metro Theatre, are Volunteer positions.
Requirements: Auditions will be cold readings from the script; the director will choose which scenes the group will read. Sides can be printed at home to bring with you to audition. Fillable Audition form is available on our website at https://metrotheatre.com/auditions-the-odd-couple/
Resume and Headshots: to be included with your on-line audition form or you may bring these with you to the audition.
Rehearsal period: August through until opening night
Oscar and Felix - 2 week nights and one weekend afternoon
Speed, Vinnie, Roy, and Murray; Pigeon Sisters – one rehearsal per week until run-throughs begin.
Ethno-cultural casting statement:
We encourage submissions from artists with a broad range of backgrounds including, but not limited to: race, ethnicity, indigeneity, gender, and sexuality. We encourage anyone to audition for any role as we will be casting on who is best for the role.
Let’s work together to keep our community safe and protect production staff , performers and volunteers:
· Please read COVID_Health Declaration
· Please comply with the signage posted in the lobby
· Masks are recommended
· Hand sanitizer is available in the lobby
· Doors to access the auditorium are left open to minimize the handling of door handles
· Social distancing inside the auditorium recommended
· ‘Sides’ - it is recommended: that sides be printed from home to bring to the audition
· All items ‘packed in’ to the theatre are to be ‘packed out’ at the end and/or placed in the appropriate trash receptacle
· Common sense, mutual respect, and genuine care for each other inform our decisions regarding health and safety for one another.
Vinnie: 45 – 65; mild-mannered, henpecked somewhat.
Cecily and Gwendolyn Pigeon: 30 – 45; Very English; giggly, slightly “ditzy’; fun-loving