Romeo and Juliet
Actors will recieve an honorarium.
Please send resume and head shot to email@example.com to schedule an audition before March 8th.
Actors are asked to prepare a 1-2 minute Shakespearean monologue.
6. Tybalt – Male - 20-35 - a Capulet, Juliet’s cousin on her mother’s side. Vain, fashionable,
arrogant and hot-headed. Loathes Montagues.
7. Capulet/Lady Capulet 35+ - Regal, controlling, preoccupied with status and looks, both
very self-centered. Charming, quick to anger.
8. Paris – Male, 20--30 - A kinsman of the Prince, and the suitor of Juliet most preferred by
Capulet. Once Capulet has promised him he can marry Juliet, he behaves very
presumptuously toward her, acting as if they are already married.
9. Benvolio – Male 20-30 - Montague’s nephew, Romeo’s cousin and thoughtful friend.
Makes a genuine effort to defuse violent scenes in public, though Mercutio accuses him
of having a nasty temper in private.
10. Princess Escalus – Female 30+ - The Princess of Verona. As the seat of political power in
Verona, she is concerned about maintaining the public peace at all costs.
11. Lady Montague/Sampson/Peter – Female 30 + Lady Montague- elegant, quiet and
nervous. Peter is clumsy, devoted, earnest, and keen yet not too smart. A Capulet servant
who invites guests to Capulet’s feast and escorts the Nurse to meet with Romeo.
12. Lord Montague/Apothecary- Male 30+ - Lord Montague is a caring father who is regal,
polite and sensitive. Apothecary- shady, strange and mystical- will be aged and wretched
13. Ensemble Members x2- Female/Male 20-30 - to fill various ensemble roles including but
not limited to Balthasar/Abram, Watchman, Gregory, illiterate serving man